Thursday, May 30, 2013

Blog 26: Senior Project Reflection

Positive Statement: That it is done, but in all seriousness I am actually really proud of my room decoration. I also loved that my class was so enthusiastic about my activities. Overall today was a great day. I enjoyed that this senior project gave me a real understanding what I want to do with my life after high school. I am thrilled that I got to teach a two hour class for my mentorship and I am overall pretty happy with the results of this year.

Questions to Consider:

a) What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation? AE

b) What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project? AE

What worked: I actually liked being given the chance to research so much on my topic. My research binder, strangely enough, is actually one of the things I am most proud of because I believe that my research was very consistently strong throughout the year. It helped me each step of the way, and everything that I did was based on research that I found.

What didn't work: I wish I had more time to devote to the project itself. I participated in a lot, and at times it got really difficult to handle everything. I wish I could also find a better mentor. It ended up working out, I just wish it was more accessible and easier to get to.

Finding Value: I want to teach chemistry when I grow up. I was actually offered into an early graduate program to work my way to get my Ph.D. after I receive my B.S.. That alone gave me confidence in what I was doing. I am actually excited and nervous for college because I know what to expect, and I love it; it is just a lot of hard work. This project has helped me in choosing a realistic career for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment